President - Vigeo Eiris
Nicole Notat is President of Vigeo Eiris, a global environmental, social & governance (ESG) research agency that supports investors and companies.
In 2016, Nicole Notat was appointed President of the socially responsible investment (SRI) Label committee.
Nicole Notat is additionally:
- Member of the Supervisory Committee of ‘Investissements d’avenir’ (Investment for the Future), a French governmental body since 2010
- Member of Alpha Omega Foundation Supervisory Committee since 2014
- Member of the Foreign Affairs Council
- Member of the strategic council for the French anti-corruption agency since May 2017
A teacher by profession, Nicole Notat begun her union involvement in the East of France and joined the French CFDT labour union in 1982. In 1992, she became CFDT General Secretary and held this position until 2002.
She chaired the UNEDIC (National Professional Union for Employment in Industry and Trade) from 1992 to 1994 and then from 1996 to 1998.
- From 2005 to 2010, Nicole Notat was a member of the High Authority for the Fight Against Discrimination and for Equality (HALDE)
- In 2007, President of the ‘Grenelle de l’Environnement (French law)’N°5 working group on the construction of a sustainable democracy: institutions and governance
- From 2008 to 2010, member of Europe’s future think tank, chaired by Felipe González
Her latest published book
L’entreprise responsable, une urgence (‘Responsible Company, an emergency’), published by Dialogue (2012)