Former Minister of Treasury and Public Finance - Argentina
Public Sector experience
- Minister of Treasury and Public Finance of Argentina (Dec 2015- Dec 2016).
- Member of the House of Representatives for the City of Buenos Aires (2009-2013).
- President of “Coalición Cívica ARI » parliamentary bloc (2009-2013).
- President of the Finance Committee of the House of Representatives (2009-2011).
- Governor of the Central Bank of the Argentine Republic (2002-2004).
Private Sector experience
- Founder of “Andares”, Foundation for Microfinance Development (2005).
- Founder of Tilton Capital, an asset management company based in Buenos Aires (2005-2015).
- Head of JPMorgan Currency Research in London (1999-2001).
- Member of JPMorgan Economic Research Team in New York and Buenos Aires (1994-1999).
- Director of Macroeconomic Studies in the economic consultancy firm Alpha S.A. in Buenos Aires (1989-1992).
- Finance Minister of the year, 2016 (Euromoney Magazine).
- Most active Representative in the Chamber of the House (2013)
- Central Bank Governor of the year, 2004 (Euromoney Magazine).
- D. Candidate in Economics (University of Pennsylvania).
- Master of Arts in Economics (1994).
- Degree in Economics from Universidad Católica Argentina (1988; Suma Cum Laude).
- Teaching Assistant (University of Pennsylvania, 1993) and Assistant Professor of Economics at Universidad Católica Argentina (1988-92) and Finance at Torcuato Di Tella University (2005-08).
Twitter Account: @alfonsopratgay