Member - Cercle des économistes
- Professor at the University of Valenciennes – Hainaut Cambrésis.
- Head of the research team International macroeconomics and financial econometrics, EconomiX.
- Agrégation des Universités en Sciences Economiques (1998).
- PhD. in economics, University of Paris X – Nanterre (1997).
- Master in Mathematical economics and econometrics, University of Paris I – Panthéon Sorbonne.
- “Towards greater diversification in central bank reserves”, Journal of Asset Management, 2016, forthcoming (with M. Brière, K. Oosterlinck et A. Szafarz).
- “On the impact of volatility on the real exchange rate – terms of trade nexus: Revisiting commodity currencies”, Journal of International Money and Finance, 2015, Vol. 58, pp. 110-127 (with V. Coudert et C. Couharde).
- “Nonlinearity of the inflation-output trade-off and time-varying price rigidity”, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 2015, forthcoming (with A. Lopez-Villavicencio).
- “How do macroeconomic imbalances interact? Evidence from a panel VAR analysis”, Macroeconomic Dynamics, 2015, forthcoming (with B. Gnimassoun).
- “Persistence of current-account disequilibria and real exchange-rate misalignments”, Review of International Economics, 2015, Vol. 23, n°1, pp. 137-159 (with B. Gnimassoun).
- “Explaining US Employment Growth after the Great Recession: The Role of Output-Employment Non-linearities”, 2014, Journal of Macroeconomics, Vol. 42, pp. 118-129 (with M. Chinn and L. Ferrara).
- “Current accounts and oil price fluctuations in oil-exporting countries: the role of financial development”, Journal of International Money and Finance, 2014, Vol. 47, pp. 185-201 (with J-P. Allegret, C. Couharde and Coulibaly).
- “Short-run dynamics in bank credit: Assessing nonlinearities in cyclicality”, Economic Modelling, 2014, Vol. 37, pp. 127-136 (with V. Bouvatier and A. Lopez-Villavicencio).
- “On price convergence in Eurozone”, Economic Modelling, 2013, Vol. 34, pp. 42-51 (with D. Guerreiro).
- “Revisiting the theory of optimum currency areas: Is the CFA franc zone sustainable?”, Journal of Macroeconomics, 2013, Vol. 38, pp. 428-441 (with C. Couharde, I. Coulibaly and D. Guerreiro).
- “On the links between stock and commodity markets’ volatility”, Energy Economics, 2013, Vol. 37, pp. 16-28 (with A. Creti and M. Joëts).
- “Pegging emerging currencies in the face of dollar swings”, Applied Economics, 2013, Vol. 45(36), pp. 5076-5085 (with V. Coudert and C. Couharde).
- “Do real exchange rates still matter within the euro area?”, Review of International Economics, 2013, Vol. 21, n°1, pp. 35-48 (with V. Coudert and C. Couharde).
- “Does OPEC still exist as a cartel? An empirical investigation”, Energy Economics, 2012, Vol. 34, pp. 125-131 (with V. Brémond and E. Hache).
Economic fields of expertise:
International macroeconomics and finance; Exchange rates; Commodity prices; Interactions between macroeconomics, financial and energy markets; Econometrics.