Professor - University of Catania
Ilde Rizzo, Ph.D, is Professor of Public Finance and of Public Policies at the University of Catania. In 2013 she received a Degree of Doctor of Science honoris causa from the University of Buckingham, UK. She coordinated the Ph.D. program in Health Economics (1997-2000) at the University of Catania and directed several editions of the Master on the Economics of Cultural Sector at the Scuola Superiore of the same University (2001–2012). She has taught Economics for Cultural Heritage at the University of Svizzera Italiana, Lugano (2006-2011).
She was Pro Vice-Chancellor at the University of Catania (1994-1999), member of the Italian National Public Works Authority (1999-2004), member of the Public Finance Advisory Committee at the Italian Treasury (2007-08) and President of the National Anticorruption Authority for Evaluation and Transparency of Public Administration (2012-2014). Since September 2015 she is member of the Board of the Agency for Public Administrations Negotiation (ARAN).
She has published in many fields (Cultural Economics, Performance measurement, Economics of Procurement, Health Economics) monographs and edited books, referred articles in professional journals and several other papers. She has coordinated national and international research projects in cultural economics.
She is President-elect 2014-16 of the Association for Cultural Economics International (ACEI) and member of the Italian Public Economics Society (SIEP) (Vice-president 2003-2006).
- Guccio C, Pignataro G, Rizzo I (2014) Evaluating the efficiency of public procurement contracts for cultural heritage conservation works in Italy, in Journal of Cultural Economics, vol. 38, n.1, pp. 43-70.
- Guccio C, Pignataro G, Rizzo I (2014) Do local governments do it better? Analysis of the time performance in the execution of public works, in European Journal of Political Economy, vol. 34, pp.237-252.
- Finocchiaro Castro M, Guccio C, Rizzo I (2014) An assessment of the waste effects of corruption on infrastructure provision, in International Tax and Public Finance vol. 21, n. 2, pp. 560-577.
- Mignosa A (eds) (2013) Handbook on the Economics of Cultural Heritage, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham.
- Peacock AT, Rizzo I (2008) The Heritage Game. Economics, Policy and Practice, Oxford University Press.