Professor of Politics - University of Nottingham, UK
Chris Pierson has been a professor of politics at the University of Nottingham since 1996. Best known for his work on the political economy of welfare states, in recent years he has concentrated on the history and dynamics of private property. Professor Pierson has held visiting posts at the University of California, Santa Barbara, the Johns Hopkins University (in Baltimore), the Australian National University, the University of Auckland and the Hansewissenschaftskolleg in Lower Saxony.
- Just Property: A History (Volume Two) (Oxford University Press; in press)
- Just Property: A History (Volume One) (Oxford University Press, 2013)
- The Oxford Handbook of the Welfare State (Oxford University Press, 2012)
- Beyond the Welfare State (Polity Press, 2006)
- Hard Choices (Polity Press, 2001)