Membre du Cercle des économistes
Present positions :
- Research Director at the École des Hautes en Sciences Sociales
- Director of IDEP (Institut of Public Economics, Marseille)
- Director of the Aix-Marseille School of Economics
- Head of the Chair in Public Economics and Sustainable Development of the University of Marseille
- Member of the Economic Council of Sustainable Development
- Member of the Council for the development of humanities and social sciences
- Member of the Scientific Council of the Department of observation and statistics at the Ministry of Sustainable Development.
- Elected Member of the Council of the Society of Social Choice and Welfare
- Member of the Conseil d’analyse économique ( Council of Economic Analysis)
Positions held :
- Chairman of the Economic Department of the University of Cergy-Pontoise
- Vice-President in charge of research of the University of Cergy-Pontoise
- Manager of the research center THEMA UMR CNRS
- Agregation in Economics
- Docteur d’Etat in Economics
Main publications :
- «Does less inequality among individuals mean less inequality among households», with E. Peluso, in Journal of Economic Theory, 133, 1, 2007, 568-578.
- «Efficient tuition fees and subsidies» with R.Gary-Bobo, in Journal of the European Economic Association 2008, Vol 6, 6, 1211-1243.
- «Equality of opportunity and luck: Definitions and testable conditions, with an application to income in France» with A. Lefranc, N. Pistolesi in Journal of Public Economics 2009., vol 93, N° 11-12, 1189-1208
- « Is power more evenly balanced in poor households ? », avec H.Couprie, E. Peluso, Journal of Public Economics2010, 94, 493-507.
- “A Dominance Approach to the Appraisal of the Distribution of Well-being across Countries”avec C.Muller, Journal of Public Economics 95 (2011), pp. 239-246
Economic field of expertise:
Income distribution, inequality measurement, redistribution, equality of opportunity, taxation, economics of higher education, voting, housing economics, public economics
A.Trannoy_Investissement et concurrence fiscale à l’échelle européenne